Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Heart and Soul of the universe

Couple nights ago despite the lunar glare I tried to capture my first light of the Heart and Soul nebulae. Expecially Soul nebula is very faint and I couldnt see them in the unprocessed images at all, after stacking 25x2min exposures I could see some faint detail on the far right where the brighter parts of  Heart nebula is.

In post-processing I worked on to bring out more detail, after adjusting white balance and curves I tried new tecnique to bring out more detail. In the Lightroom color tab pulled red and orange saturation and lightness up and blue saturation down about 50%. That worked very well!

Heart and Soul nebulae
Canon EOS 6D | Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 | Astrotrac
25x2min | f/2.8 | ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment